What irritates you the most as a legal pro? Here’s what your fellow specialists say about their biggest pet peeves on Reddit.
1. When someone sends me a scan of a printed document instead of a PDF of the original. — u/KY_Counsel/ Reddit
2. In some utility rate cases, I suspect folks print out their Word documents, fax them to themselves a couple times, then scan the result to a PDF rendering it completely unsearchable and impervious to OCR. — u/qrpc/ Reddit
3. When someone sends me a document that is cobbled together from a bunch of other documents and all the formatting, font, and codes are absolutely … You add a space somewhere and suddenly you have 3 pages of blank space and half the document becomes bullets and numbers. — u/Nobodyville/ Reddit
4. Microsoft Word Autoformatting. — u/haley_joel_osteen/ Reddit
5. Receiving documents from my client late. — u/MindlessSession/ Reddit
6. When someone just adds tabs all over the place that don’t make sense. You don’t need 50 different tabs for a notary block. — u/jrc5053/ Reddit
7. My pet peeve is getting multi-page docs from other lawyers without page numbers. Drives me crazy!!!! — u/MinniePearl/ Reddit
8. My biggest peeve is when I tell someone that something will take an hour and a half and they come back in 45 minutes to bother me for it. — u/paratactical/ Reddit
9. Ordering medical records. It’s a nightmare trying to gather records these days. I wish my boss would just hire an outside company to do it for us. — u/PatShatner/ Reddit
10. Our industry’s perverse hate for the Oxford Comma. We’re like the most important job to use it, and we don’t for some reason. — u/Iustis/ Reddit
Bonus (to wrap up on a high note):
I never have to transcribe. #blessed — u/Arturo_Vasquez_123 / Reddit
What’s your biggest pet peeve?
P.S. If thinking about reviewing and editing contracts stresses you out, try Loio. It’ll make document drafting so much faster and more enjoyable!
Get served with quality reads
Sign up for our emails to get a careful monthly selection of our blog articles.