What irritates you the most as a legal pro? Here’s what your fellow specialists say about their biggest pet peeves on Reddit.
1. When someone sends me a scan of a printed document instead of a PDF of the original. — u/KY_Counsel/ Reddit
2. In some utility rate cases, I suspect folks print out their Word documents, fax them to themselves a couple times, then scan the result to a PDF rendering it completely unsearchable and impervious to OCR. — u/qrpc/ Reddit
3. When someone sends me a document that is cobbled together from a bunch of other documents and all the formatting, font, and codes are absolutely … You add a space somewhere and suddenly you have 3 pages of blank space and half the document becomes bullets and numbers. — u/Nobodyville/ Reddit
4. Microsoft Word Autoformatting. — u/haley_joel_osteen/ Reddit
5. Receiving documents from my client late. — u/MindlessSession/ Reddit
6. When someone just adds tabs all over the place that don’t make sense. You don’t need 50 different tabs for a notary block. — u/jrc5053/ Reddit
7. My pet peeve is getting multi-page docs from other lawyers without page numbers. Drives me crazy!!!! — u/MinniePearl/ Reddit
8. My biggest peeve is when I tell someone that something will take an hour and a half and they come back in 45 minutes to bother me for it. — u/paratactical/ Reddit
9. Ordering medical records. It’s a nightmare trying to gather records these days. I wish my boss would just hire an outside company to do it for us. — u/PatShatner/ Reddit
10. Our industry’s perverse hate for the Oxford Comma. We’re like the most important job to use it, and we don’t for some reason. — u/Iustis/ Reddit
Bonus (to wrap up on a high note):
I never have to transcribe. #blessed — u/Arturo_Vasquez_123 / Reddit
What’s your biggest pet peeve?
P.S. If thinking about reviewing and editing contracts stresses you out, try Loio. It’ll make document drafting so much faster and more enjoyable!